Do you need to make sales fast?
Are you a freelancer, sales professional or entrepreneur whose sales process consists of setting appointments and then giving pitches or demos?
If so, then listen up…
I’m going to share an idea with you that can help you generate an influx of appointments so that you can close some deals fast.
Let’s say you have 10 business days to bring in $5,000 in sales.
Let’s say your average sale is around $2,000. So you need to make just 2.5 sales to hit your goal.
And let’s say you close about 1 out of 3 people you pitch. So you’ll need to book 8 appointments.
Here’s one proven strategy you can use to book those 8 appointments: I call it an Email Prospecting Blitz.
The idea came from two sources…
1) My email prospecting strategy I’ve used for years to generate business as a freelance copywriter.
It basically consists of finding a targeted list of leads and then sending personal “warm” emails out to these people to see if they’d be interested in having a 15-min discovery call.
2) Zig Ziglar! Yes, I was reading some good ole Zig Ziglar recently when I came across this tip from the master salesman:
One additional way to improve that bottom line is to have your own personal “booster” week on a quarterly, semiannual, or annual basis. A “booster” week is a total-effort week during which you give your maximum effort from early in the morning until late at night. You plan it for weeks in advance so that nothing interferes with a total effort on your part to spend every possible moment that week in front of prospects who can make buying decisions.
– Secrets of Closing the Sale by Zig Ziglar
So how do you do this exactly?
5 Steps of an Email Prospecting Blitz
1) Prepare Your List. take an entire day to compile a list of at least 100 qualified leads you want to target. Upload their name, email and phone number to your CRM or just a simple spreadsheet.
2) Email 20 of the people on your list. Make sure you include some sort of personal reference in each email so they know it’s not a spam email that was blasted to a million people. 80% of it can be the same. So you only need to change 2–3 sentences in each one. So really all you’re doing is writing 40–60 new sentences.
3) Email the next 20 and follow up on any of the responses you got to the first 20. When people want to meet with you in can help to have an online appointment calendar so you can just send them the link instead of spending valuable prospecting time on scheduling. I’ve used meetme for years and love it.
4) Follow up with phone calls. If you really want to turn up the intensity level and get even better results then call the people who have not replied after 3 days. You can say, “I just wanted to make sure you got the email I sent a few days ago.”
5) Send a final email out. If they don’t respond to Email 1 or your voicemail then you can send a final last chance email after a 7–10 days. Sometimes this will trigger a response (I’ve seen it happen a lot actually).
I know this process seems simple. There’s nothing really sexy about it. But guess what? It works! So try it before you knock it.